Tuesday 20 August 2013

Practise What You Preach

*Googles the difference between 'practice' and 'practise'*
When people come to me for advice, which they do from time to time, I tend to come out with one (or all) of these pointers for stopping the down-beat moments and remaining positive. I can't remember exactly where, but I found it on the internet somewhere and have since kept a copy taped near my desk and in the front of my notebooks, because I thought the advice was so simple and true.
Problem is I'm pretty woeful when it comes to following my own advice, and the low spot I've been in recently could almost certainly have been alleviated by following these pointers.

  • Always say yes to seeing friends.
  • Eat breakfast every day.
  • Recognise that positive change rarely happens overnight.
  • Accept the mess-ups, but try not to let them happen again.
  • There is a song to remedy every situation on the planet.
  • Appreciate the people in your life.
  • Look for the good in everything.
  • Try new things and try them often.
  • Treat yourself as well as you treat others.

My new challenge is to follow my own little tips a little bit more each day.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment